Wednesday, November 07, 2012

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries

I have just discovered the brilliance of the Lizzie Bennet Diaries.

I greatly enjoyed reading Pride & Prejudice. I was even quite surprise by how much I like it. It was just a good, fun, easy read, even though it was written like 200 years ago. And of course I loved the movie and tv adaptations.



The Lizzie Bennet Diaries is a web series with episodes usually running under 4 mins. It is a modern day setting of Pride & Prejudice, narrated by Lizzie Bennet video blog style. I wasn't too keen on this series, when it came out. I think I saw like one little clip and completely forgot about it.

But I do go on tumblr a lot, and there are plenty of gifs of the Lizzie Bennet Diaries. And there has been ones with Darcy confessing his love from one of the more recent episodes. It was done actually rather well, and I though I'd give the series a chance.

Guess what??? I love it. Its so fun. Its funny and done soo well. I love their editing and how they manage to make the Pride & Prejudice story and characters work in the real world. I watched like 10 episodes straight. I'm trying to stop and space out my viewing. I can't consume all at one go, otherwise, there will be nothing else.

Oh I do hope the team that came out with this series do other adaptation once this one ends.

You can check out the Lizzie Bennet Diaries on its website, tumblr and youtube.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...