41. Little White Lies
Starring: François Cluzet, Marion Cotillard, Benoît Magimel
Plot: Every year, Max, a successful restaurant owner, and Véro, his eco-friendly wife invite a merry group of friends to their beautiful beach house to celebrate Antoine's birthday and kick-start the vacation. But, this year, before they all leave Paris, their buddy Ludo is hurt in a serious accident, which sets off a dramatic chain of reactions and emotional responses.
- “Written and directed by Guillaume Canet and starring Marion Cotillard…so yeah, I want to see this”
42. Lost in Austen
Plot: American remake of the British miniseries Lost in Austen.
- “I love Austen’s stories and found the British miniseries just charming. Who wouldn’t want to be Lost in Austen right?”
43. The Moth Diaries
Starring: Lily Cole, Scott Speedman, Sarah Bolger
Plot: At an exclusive girls' boarding school, a sixteen year-old girl records her most intimate thoughts in a diary. The object of her growing obsession is her roommate, Lucy Blake, and Lucy's friendship with their new and disturbing classmate. Ernessa is an enigmatic, moody presence with pale skin, and hypnotic eyes. Around her swirl dark rumors, suspicions, and secrets as well as a series of ominous disasters. As fear spreads through the school and Lucy isn't Lucy anymore, fantasy and reality mingle until what is true and what is dreamed bleed together into a waking nightmare that evokes with gothic menace the anxieties, lusts, and fears of adolescence. And at the center of the diary is the question that haunts all who read it: Is Ernessa really a vampire? Or has the narrator trapped herself in the fevered world of her own imagining?
- “Have since read the book, and very excited how the movie will turn out.
44. Attack the Block
Starring: Nick Frost, Jodie Whittaker , Luke Treadaway
Plot: About a teen gang in South London defending their block from an alien invasion.
- “Kinda sounds like with a twist. Aliens.”
45. Damsels in Distress
Starring: Adam Brody, Analeigh Tipton, Megalyn Echikunwoke
Plot: Summary: The story revolves around a group of style-obsessed college girls who take in a new student (Gerwig) and teach her their misguided ways of helping people at their grungy university.
- “Not much is known of the movie, but I think it could be interesting. And it has Adam Brody. He did a pretty good turn as the evil band member in Jennifer’s Body.”
Starring: Chloe Moretz
Plot: A 12 year old girl finds a broken mixtape belonging to the mother she never knew. She decides to track down each of the tape's obscure songs in an effort to find out what her mother was like, leading to a reconciliation with the aunt who raised her.
- “Chloe Moretz has had a run of good movies, maybe this is one of them too”
47. Never Let Me Go
Starring: Keira Knightley, Carey Mulligan, Andrew Garfield
Plot: As children, Ruth, Kathy and Tommy, spend their childhood at a seemingly idyllic English boarding school. As they grow into young adults, they find that they have to come to terms with the strength of the love they feel for each other, while preparing themselves for the haunting reality that awaits them.
- “I’ve been waiting for the movie for awhile now and it will only be shown locally in March. I’m also in the midst of reading the book.”
Starring: Natalie Portman, Ashton Kutcher
Plot: A guy and girl try to keep their relationship strictly physical, but it's not long before they learn that they want something more.
- “I don’t think Natalie Portman has done any romantic comedy before. I guess this is the first.”
Starring: Justin Timberlake, Amanda Seyfried, Cillian Murphy
Plot: In the not-too-distant future the aging gene has been switched off. To avoid overpopulation, time has become the currency and the way people pay for luxuries and necessities. The rich can live forever, while the rest try to negotiate for their immortality. A poor young man who comes into a fortune of time, though too late to help his mother from dying. He ends up on the run from a corrupt police force known as 'time keepers'.
- “Sounds interesting. Noone wants to live forever right. To always be young is more attractive, if its forever than so be it…the plot certainly taps into that.”
50. On the Ice
Plot: On the snow-covered Arctic tundra, two teenagers try to get away with murder.
- “From what I understand a scuffle occurs and one of the kids end up dead. It kinda reminds me of Boy A, Mean Creek and Paranoid Park for obvious reasons”