Yep, that's right. Twilight (Two-Disc Special Edition) is now available for pre-order at Amazon.com at USD 22.99 . You can check it out here. It will though, only be released on March 21st...still a long wait.
So what goodies are in store for us in the Twilight (Two-Disc Special Edition). Well according to Amazon.com, the DVD features are:
* Audio commentary by Catherine Hardwicke, Kristen Stewart, and Robert Pattinson
* Muse music video: "Super Massive Black Hole"
* Paramore music video: "Decode"
* Linkin Park music video: "Leave Out All the Rest"
* Five extended scenes with director introductions
* Five deleted scenes with director introductions
* Seven-part documentary: "The Adventure Begins: The Journey from Page to Screen"
* Comic-Con "fandom" piece
* Comic-Con NY sizzle reel
* Three trailers
* Penelope trailer
The features sound good. I'm liking it. I'm definitely buying it.
Now what about the DVD's cover art? I guess its ok as far as DVD cover art goes...I mean seriously there are some horribly ugly DVD cover art out there. I would have preferred that they go with the first poster. But this art is decent enough. And it does feature many of the characters in the movie, which is appealing to many and would help sell the dvd. And they did stock it up with a lot of features which is great. But I kinda couldn't help but feel they didn't go the extra mile with the dvd packaging. They should know by now Twilight fans would buy anything...they could have given us a nice little dvd packaging.
I was thinking along the lines of this Twilight Collector's Edition book. Wouldn't it have been pretty if they had a dvd packaging that was somewhat similar? Packaging that looked like a book. Of course it would cost a tad more...but most won't mind. It would still fly off the shelves.
Hopefully they would come out with a Collector's Edition DVD. With nicer packaging and with more features. What do you think?